We're on the hunt for Event Technicians!
Join our Brolly Event Solutions division as an integral part of our on-site support teams. Explore North America one venue at a time as an event team member. We are looking for tech-savvy customer service oriented individuals who are looking for part-time employment traveling to trade shows across the country. This position is a flexible way to earn extra income with opportunity for advancement to team lead or beyond.
A typical work week for an event tech is as follows:
* The team travels out of town to any one of our various clients’ locations across the contiguous United States and Canada.
* Arriving at the venue means unloading crates from a truck, and staging them for setup.
* During setup a technician’s responsibilities lie in preparing iPads or tablets for each booth, registration setup, and testing. Setup entails assembly of network components including laptops, printers, wireless equipment, and cables.
* We pride ourselves on our event customer care. The team will answer any questions along with spotting potential equipment issues. Directly after show all equipment is packed up and travel home is the next morning.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Strong customer service skills
* Positive team-driven attitude
* Takes direction easily from team lead or peers
* Work well under pressure
* Punctual and professional
* Detailed and methodical
* Strong communication skills
* A minimum of intermediate knowledge of:
- Laptops, printers, and misc. hardware
- MS Windows
- Apple devices
- Basic software and hardware troubleshooting
* Must be at least 21 years old
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to be on your feet all day/walk long distances
* Position requires a flexible schedule which often include weekends
* 1 year minimum experience in a customer service or technical environment
* Valid driver’s license
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Some college, technical school, or college degree a plus
* Meets requirement necessary to fly in and out of Canada
* Ability to rent a car
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and mention our Trade Show Tech job in the subject line. We look forward to meeting you!